Indonesia has 127 active volcanoes. 45 active volcanoes located in Java island. Mount Merapi, 2930 masl (meters above sea level), the most active volcano in Indonesia is standing there. Located in the center of Java island, standing together with Mount Merbabu, 3142 masl. Merbabu was erupted thousands years ago, and “sleep” right now. But Merapi is an active stratovolcano, last erupted is seven years ago, over 300 people died and over 350.000 people were evacuated from the affected area. New lava dome of Merapi volcano growing up in the center of Merapi crater. Preparing for next eruption.
Equator Indonesia invite you to climb “the Mountain of Fire” (Meru-Api/Merapi).
- 9 – 10 PM :Meeting point at Equator Indonesia office, Taman Kuliner Condongcatur Blok K 13-14, Anggajaya street, Depok, Sleman, DI Yogyakarta
- 10 PM – 0.30 AM :Transfer to New Selo Pass, Boyolali, Central Java with car. From here, you will start the hike at early morning.
- 1 – 4 AM :First part of the trek is hiking up through farming area. Dominated by tobacco plant. It takes one hour and you will passing the forest gate. The trek is getting steeper and slippery when wet. After 2 hours, leaving the forest, you will hiking up terraces rock formations to the neck of volcano. Easy part of Merapi trekking is ended at Pasar Bubar, 400 meters below the crater. Pasar Bubar is ex-Merapi old volcano crater, large area dominated with rocks and sands.
- 4 – 5.30 AM : The most difficult part of Merapi trekking. Hiking up to the head of volcano, Merapi crater. The weather is cold and windy, wear your jacket to make your body feel comfort. Use your hand to grip the rocks. Don’t stepping on fragile rock. Follow your guide.
- 5.30 – 6 AM : Congratulation, you are now at Merapi volcano. You standing up at Merapi crater rim, 2930 masl. An active volcano crater with 400 meters wide and 250 meters deep. See the new lava dome in the center of the crater. It formed after Merapi eruption, October – November 2010. The lava dome always grows, and preparing for the next eruption. You can also seeing Central Java volcanoes landscape from here. Merapi, dangerously beautiful.
- 6 – 6.30 AM : Down to Pasar Bubar.
- 6.30 – 7 AM : Enjoying simple breakfast with hot tea at Pasar Bubar.
- 7 – 9 AM : Down to New Selo Pass.
- 9 – 11.30 AM : Back to Yogyakarta. END OF SERVICES
- Transportation with Air Cond
- Mountain Guide (1 guide – 4 trekker)
- Water 1,5 liter
- Simple breakfast (bread and egg) with hot tea
- National Park entry ticket
- Insurance from National Park (just covering an accident from New Selo Pass until Pasar Bubar, not covering an accident from Pasar Bubar until Merapi crater rim)
- Private trip insurance
- Private porter
- Other trip request
- Other food / beverages request
YOU MUST BRING
- Small bag for trekking (max. 10 kg)
- Long trouser, shirt
- Trekking shoes for tropical mountain trekking
- Rain coat
- Head gear
- Gloves and socks
- Headlamp or torch
- Private medicine
- Copy of passport
- Money (Indonesian Rupiah)
YOU SHOULD BRING
- Trekking pole
- UV protector
- Every Saturday night
- August 5th, 2017 – December 30th, 2017
Minimum participants 4 persons
Maximum participants 12 persons
Foreigner : Rp 700.000 IDR / person
Domestic : Rp 500.000 IDR / person
- If participants just 3 persons, price will be 800.000 IDR / person (foreigner)
- If participants just 2 persons, price will be 1.000.000 IDR / person (foreigner)
- Office : Equator Indonesia, Taman Kuliner Condongcatur Blok K 13-14, Anggajaya street, Depok, Sleman, DI Yogyakarta
- Phone/whatsapp : +62 857 1231 5707 (Rachmat), +62 812 9651 987 (Fajar)
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please books the trip by pay down payment 50% price, 5 days before trip.
- The next payment, you can pay on day trip (Saturday).
- Payment method by bank transfer. Bank transfer address :
- Bank Name : Bank Mandiri
- Account Name : Nurul Fitriani
- Account number : 137 0010 354245
- SWIFT Code / Bank Identifier Code : BMRIIDJA
- If you canceling the trip 1 day before trip, down payment cannot be refunded.
- If you canceling the trip 2 – 3 days before trip, down payment will be refunded 50 %.
- If you canceling the trip 4 – 5 days before trip, down payment will be refunded 70 %.
- If a cancellation due to force majeure on day trip (volcanic activity, earthquake, search and rescue operation, forest fires), trip will be changed to Mount Merbabu, or payment will be refunded 50 %.