Mount Merbabu, standing 3142 meters above sea level beside the most active volcano in Indonesia, Mount Merapi. Merbabu was erupted thousands years ago, and “sleep” right now. On this journey, you can seeing relic of the old volcano.
Old volcano is sleeping, and tropical grassy plain is growing up on the neck of the mountain. You will hiking up passing there, the Savanna. Mount Merbabu located in the center of Java island, so from the summit you can seeing any volcanoes from Java Volcano Range. And one of the best sunrise view in Java island, you can get the moment there.
Equator Indonesia invite you to climb “the Mountain of Ash” (Meru-Abu/Merbabu).
- DESTINATION : Mount Merbabu
- LENGTH : 5,8 km
- DURATION : ± 5 hours
- ALTITUDE : 3142 masl
- ELEVATION GAIN : 1309 meters
- NIGHT TEMPERATURE : 5 – 10 degrees celcius
- TREKKING SEASON : March – December
- BEST MONTH : June – September
- SCHEDULE : Every Friday night – Saturday morning
- GRADE : IIa (Moderate)
- 8 – 9 PM : Meeting point at Equator Indonesia office, Taman Kuliner Condongcatur Blok K 13-14, Anggajaya street, Depok, Sleman, DI Yogyakarta
- 9 PM – 11.30 PM : Transfer to Tarubatang village, Boyolali, Central Java with car. From here, you will start the hike at early morning.
- 0.30 – 5.30 AM : First part of the trek is hiking up through pine forest. It takes 2 hours and you will leaving the forest. The next 3 hours is passing the savanna until the top of Merbabu, more difficult, steeper and windy. Wear your jacket here.
- 5.30 – 6.30 AM : Congratulation, you are now at Kentheng Songo’s peak, Mount Merbabu. Merapi is standing in front of you. You can seeing too, Mount Sindoro, Mount Sumbing and Mount Prau in west side. Mount Andong, Mount Telomoyo and Mount Ungaran in north side. Mount Lawu in east side. Perfectly.
- 6.30 – 7.15 AM : Down to Savanna 2.
- 7.15 – 8 AM : Enjoying simple breakfast with hot tea at Savanna 2.
- 8 – 11 AM : Down to Tarubatang village.
- 11 AM – 1.30 PM : Back to Yogyakarta. END OF SERVICES
- Transportation with Air Cond
- Mountain Guide (1 guide – 4 trekker)
- Water 1,5 liter
- Simple breakfast (bread and egg) with hot tea
- National Park entry ticket
- Insurance from National Park
- Private trip insurance
- Private porter
- Other trip request
- Other food / beverages request
YOU MUST BRING
- Small bag for trekking (max. 10 kg)
- Long trouser, shirt
- Trekking shoes for tropical mountain trekking
- Rain coat
- Head gear
- Gloves and socks
- Headlamp or torch
- Private medicine
- Copy of passport
- Money (Indonesian Rupiah)
YOU SHOULD BRING
- Trekking pole
- UV protector
- Every Friday night
- August 4th, 2017 – December 29th, 2017
- Office : Equator Indonesia, Taman Kuliner Condongcatur Blok K 13-14, Anggajaya street, Depok, Sleman, DI Yogyakarta
- Phone/whatsapp : +62 8129651987 (Fajar), +62 85712315707 (Rachmat)
- email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum participants 4 persons
Maximum participants 12 persons
Foreigner : 750.000 IDR / person
Domestic : 550.000 IDR / person
- If participants just 3 persons, price will be 850.000 IDR / person (foreigner)
- If participants just 2 persons, price will be 1.100.000 IDR / person (foreigner)
- Please making sure the trip by down payment 50% price, 5 days before trip.
- The next payment, you can pay on day trip (Saturday).
- Payment method by bank transfer.
- Bank transfer adress :
- Bank : Bank Mandiri
- Account Name : Nurul Fitriani
- Account Number : 137 0010 354245
- Swift Code / Bank Identifier Code : BMRIIDJA
- If you canceling the trip 1 day before trip, down payment cannot be refunded.
- If you canceling the trip 2 – 3 days before trip, down payment will be refunded 50 %.
- If you canceling the trip 4 – 5 days before trip, down payment will be refunded 70 %.
- If a cancellation due to force majeure on day trip (volcanic activity, earthquake, search and rescue operation, forest fires), trip will be changed to Mount Merapi, or payment will be refunded 50 %.