There is a lot of beauty under the ground of Gunung Kidul Regency, Yogyakarta. Here,one of the most important karst ecosystems in Indonesia, Gunungkidul. Gunungkidul karst save the backup of water, the source of people’s lives on it. And for several years, cave explore activities become something useful for local wisdom.
Some caves have functioned as the special interest tourism, adventure tourism. Jomblang cave and Grubug cave in Wonosari, Gunungkidul become one of them. The most sought after in this place is the fall of thousands light into the underground river at a depth of 100 meters Grubug hole. We called it ray of light.
There is also antoher cave next to Jomblang Cave, It’t Pindul Cave. it’s located not too far from Jomblang Cave, it’s only needs 30 minutes to reach Pindul Cave by car. There is undergrounds river inside of the cave. We will explore the cave by tubing.
Equator Indonesia invites you to feel the sensation of Jomblang cave exploring & Pindul Cave Tubing. Join us on the darkness, be brave 🙂
(JOMBLANG CAVE EXPLORE & PINDUL CAVE TUBING)
- 7.30 am : We will pick you up at Jogjakarta city (hotel, train station, airport, etc).
- 7.30 – 09.30 am : Drive to Jomblang cave, Gunungkidul, southeast of Jogjakarta.
- 09.30 am : We have arrived at Jomblang cave karst area.
- 09.30 – 10.30 am : Prepare to descend the hole, installing an equipment to your body. Our cave instructor will help you.
- 10.30 am : Descend the Jomblang hole with human belay system, an easy system for beginner (training is not necessary). Cave instructor will dropping you down slowly to the base of the hole, 40 meters vertically, with a rope attached to your body.
- 10.30-11 am : Dry trekking into the other hole, Grubug cave. Light is necessary here. Nearly to Grubug hole, you will hear the rustling of underground river. Eventually the light was beginning to look and finally, the ray of light is coming down from the hole above us.
- 11-1 pm : We have arrived at Grubug hole, 80 meters above us. 20 meters below us is the underground river. The first sight is a thousand light falling on the flowstone (cave ornament), the ray of light. Nice moment for photograph. But remember, don’t stand on this rock. Thousands of years to create this stone from water. Naturally.
Grubug hole has a diameter of 15 meters and a depth of 100 meters. Some expert caver prefer to descending here. More adrenaline, they said.
Many ornaments below us, on the underground river. So, we will go down on the river. Must be carefully here. Slippery, because every time is wet.
- 1-1.30 pm : Back to the base of Jomblang hole, prepare to ascending up the hole.
- 1.30-2 pm : You will ascend the hole with hauling system (an easy system for beginner). Instructor will hauling you toward the top with a rope attached on your body.
- 2-4 pm : Take a lunch, Transfer to Pindul Cave by Car
- 02.15 pm – 03.30 pm Pindul Cave Tubing
- 03.30 pm – 05.30 pm Back to Yogyakarta
- 4 pm : End of Trip
- Guide and cave instructor
- Cave equipment
- Boat shoes and helmet
- Transportation, Jogja-Jomblang cave-Jogja
YOU SHOULD BRING
- Gloves and socks
- Sport shoes or sandal
- Clothes and substitutes (not jeans)
- Private medicine
- Bath equipment
Please download the details here
HOW TO BOOKS
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact Us via Mobile/WhatsApp+62 857 1231 5707 | +62 812 965 1987
- Please settle 50 % of the payment a week before caving. The next 50% will be paid after caving. A payment by bank transfer. Below are our bank information :
- Name of Bank : Bank Mandiri
- Account Name : Nurul Fitriani
- Account Number : 137 0010 354 245
- SWIFT Code / Bank Identifier Code : BMRIIDJA, or
- Name of Bank : Bank Central Asia
- Account Name : Fajar Suryo Iswor0
- Account Number : 037 306 1651
- SWIFT Code / Bank Identifier Code : CENAIDJAIf client canceling the trip, the payment can’t be returned. If a cancellation due to force majeure, payment will be refunded.
- For more information, contact us : Phone/SMS/WhatsApp +62 812 9651 987 | +62 857 1231 5707